Welcome to the Tribe...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: windows 8

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

Default windows 8

Has soapware or anyone else testing the program ( as client) on windows 8. It is coming out this week . I have a few old computers that I know will need to be replaced soon, wondering if I should do it now that windows 7 still in store, or wait .

I also wonder for future if these future windows tablets would be useful in running the program .

SOAPware Forum Junkie!
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second ClassYour first Group5000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

I don't know the answer to the testing on Windows 8. As for the tablet versions, from what I have read on these in the paper, you will need to wait until they release the versions with Windows 8 on them. The initial versions will run Windows RT, and will only run apps you download from their app store. So if SW is going to work on the tablets, it won't be until Windows 8 versions are available.
    Alan Drucker, MD
    "I Came, I Saw, I Took a Valium"

SOAPware Forum Junkie!
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level

I wouldn't be eager to buy a Win8 pc for business use yet. Maybe a year from launch. Win7 is very stable.
    Win7 will likely be available for a while before you can no longer purchase it from a retailer such as HP/Dell. There has been a fair amount of overlap in the past. Winxp/Vista comes to mind as an example. I recall seeing WinXP available for sometime on the business section of the Dell website. After that you can buy your own copy of Win7 on the internet and build your own pc which is easier to repair and upgrade in the future. I stopped buying prebuilt pc's a while ago and love not having proprietary parts that are difficult to find or expensive to replace.
    Last edited by dghundt; 10-23-2012 at 08:00.

SOAPware Forum Junkie!
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Overall activity: 99.3%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level

Quote Originally Posted by andydob View Post
    Has soapware or anyone else testing the program ( as client) on windows 8. It is coming out this week . I have a few old computers that I know will need to be replaced soon, wondering if I should do it now that windows 7 still in store, or wait .

I also wonder for future if these future windows tablets would be useful in running the program .

I use an old Toshiba M400 tablet to access the office from home via a Netgear UTM 25 device. Windows installed without a problem but the Netgear UTM25 needs a 64 bit browser and windows 8 defaults to a 32 bit browser. You can change it to 64 bit but netgear does not recognise the IE 10 browser yet. So hold off just yet!!! Win 8 It was a great deal at $40

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:

Level

Default error message

I actually tried to install soapware on a test windows 8 machine, it got partially thru , but got error that couldnt find soapware faststart or something to that effect and couldnt go farther .

Administrator
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level

The SOAPware Q/A team is in the midst of testing Windows 8 with all SOAPware software. Progress has been made, but at this point testing is ongoing. Until this testing is completed we cannot officially support SOAPware on Windows 8. Our team is working hard towards this goal and hope to have a final word on it soon. Thank you.

Administrator
    Achievements:

Level

SOAPware is now officially supported on Windows 8. All SOAPware applications are supported on Windows 8. This includes the Data Server (PostgreSQL), Data Manager, SOAPware and any other SOAPware applications such as SOAPwareXchange and SOAPwareXchangeHL7.

Testing has been completed on all these applications and no new issues were found. There are some very minor display differences in all applications in Windows 8, however, the functionality in SOAPware that the user interacts with is the same.

A couple of important additional clarifications:

Only SOAPware 2012 and beyond is supported on Windows 8. Older versions of SOAPware are NOT supported on Windows 8.

This does NOT include Windows 8 RT which is the tablet OS edition of Windows 8.

aylhome

Default Windows 8 enterprise

Unable to load Soapware on Windows 8 enterprise on my workstation. Will contact support on Monday.
    Bob Aylesworth

Administrator
    Achievements:

Level

I'm sorry to hear that Dr. Aylesworth! From what I can tell, Michael from our Support team sent a message to a member of your staff today about getting you updated to .net framework 3.5. That update may be necessary for this to function properly. Thank you.

aylhome

Default Windows 8 Fix

Support had me set net framework to 3.5 and was able to load SOAPware .
    Great support staff.
    Bob Aylesworth, MD