Welcome to the Tribe...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SOAPware Forum Junkie!
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Level

Looking for some updates on these subjects.

I'm hoping to start using iPad for phone calls away from the office--looking at a chart, sending an eRx. I am currently using a laptop with RDP to my office, but I'm hoping the iPad will be quicker to grab and start up. I haven't used the iPad remotely yet, because I need to have my network people set up the Sonicwall to allow it.

What I'm reading says that function keys don't work on iPad in RDP. In another thread, a user says that he ST shortcuts aren't working on iPad RDP to SCS. Anyone have workarounds for that? I'm concerned it could be very awkward trying to enter a medication to prescribe.

Andy

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level

Quote Originally Posted by ageorge View Post
    Looking for some updates on these subjects.

I'm hoping to start using iPad for phone calls away from the office--looking at a chart, sending an eRx. I am currently using a laptop with RDP to my office, but I'm hoping the iPad will be quicker to grab and start up. I haven't used the iPad remotely yet, because I need to have my network people set up the Sonicwall to allow it.

What I'm reading says that function keys don't work on iPad in RDP. In another thread, a user says that he ST shortcuts aren't working on iPad RDP to SCS. Anyone have workarounds for that? I'm concerned it could be very awkward trying to enter a medication to prescribe.

Andy
    Have you considered trying Parallels Access? I can verify that shortcuts (Ex: shift+F11) and function keys work in SOAPware and other applications. It's not perfect but has been the best mobile remote access experience I have had.

SOAPware Forum Junkie!
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Level

Quote Originally Posted by tcriner View Post
    Have you considered trying Parallels Access? I can verify that shortcuts (Ex: shift+F11) and function keys work in SOAPware and other applications. It's not perfect but has been the best mobile remote access experience I have had.
    I guess that is instead of RDP? I'll have to see whether it will work through SonicWall.

Andy

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level

Quote Originally Posted by ageorge View Post
    I guess that is instead of RDP? I'll have to see whether it will work through SonicWall.

Andy
    Yes, that would be instead of a RDP app. Parallels is more like a mobile version of the LogMeIn, Team Viewer, or other remote access software. It does not use the same protocol as Remote Desktop.

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

GoToMyPC (GoToMyPC.com) might be a good option as well. I believe that you can try it for free for 30 days. A nice thing is with GoToMyPC is that you can access your host computer with your tablet, a PC, Mac, and an Android device. Very secure as well.