Welcome to the Tribe...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

SOAPware Forum Junkie!
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

Default CPT2 and G codes for HEDIS/STARS/PQRS

We are now knee deep in many Medicare Advantage plans as well as commercial plans that are asking/requiring CPT2 codes and G codes for quality measures.

My problems are many:
    1) This is far too difficult for physicians to track and enter. The measures are tied to demographics, payor, diseases, medications and vitals. There is no logic in SW to say when I open a chart that has a BCBS Diabetic with CAD check and see if they are on an ACE/ARB and enter the appropriate CPT2 code into the documentation
    2) There are many missing CPT2 codes in structured text in SW. This makes trying to upload to any data warehouse or to PM system impossible.
    3) I have created nested pick lists in order to be able to try to capture some of these items, I can tell you that the Smart Text designer still has many bugs making this a frustrating process.

thx

Brian

SOAPware Forum Junkie!
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Overall activity: 97.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level

Quote Originally Posted by briveland View Post
    1) This is far too difficult for physicians to track and enter. The measures are tied to demographics, payor, diseases, medications and vitals. There is no logic in SW to say when I open a chart that has a BCBS Diabetic with CAD check and see if they are on an ACE/ARB and enter the appropriate CPT2 code into the documentation
    This is exactly what we are moving towards with SMARTFlows - we/you/someone can tell the computer the rules and the computer can recommend items to the physician - the doctor should not have to be the one to keep in mind all of the nuances for every measure they are reporting on.

I'll bring your other two questions to the product team and have the follow up with you.