Welcome to the Tribe...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

Default UPDOX and soapware X-exchange

thinking of trying updox, i believe we need soapware X-exchange to communicate with the database ? what is the pricing on the x-exchange

Administrator
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level

You're correct - SOAPware Xchange must be installed to use the UpDox products. There is no charge for Xchange when it is used in conjunction with UpDox.

SOAPware Forum Junkie!
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second ClassYour first GroupSocialOverdrive
    Awards:
    Community Award

Level

Quote Originally Posted by lwagner View Post
    You're correct - SOAPware Xchange must be installed to use the UpDox products. There is no charge for Xchange when it is used in conjunction with UpDox.
    I am a very satisfied user of UpDox for many years. The ability to edit faxes and then send them where they need to go is a HUGE time saver. I can respond to refill requests quickly and simultaneously sent the approval to the pharmacy and file it in the patient's chart. I can respond to patient emails and send the emails to the patient chart, making my documentation of this so much more complete. I HIGHLY recommend UpDox.
    Alan Drucker, MD
    "I Came, I Saw, I Took a Valium"

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level

How much does it cost to start using UpDox?
    Is it internet based service or requires dedicated Fax line?

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

Hopefully, myHEALTHware can have similar features??

myHEALTHware Product Mgr
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level

Thumbs up myHEALTHware Fax

Hi All,

We're excited to be partnering with Updox to bring an integrated fax product to myHEALTHware:

• myHEALTHware Fax enables clinics to receive their faxes into myHEALTHware where they can be viewed from any web browser anywhere, annotated, saved to a Drive folder or SOAPware chart, sent back out as a Conversation, Direct message, or fax.
    • myHEALTHware Fax will be available in the Marketplace for a monthly subscription which will include one fax number, a block of pages (likely 500), and unlimited users. Additional blocks of pages can be added to the subscription as needed.
    • If you currently use Updox, you can link your MHW account to it and keep your same fax number without service interruption. Porting a dedicated line or provisioning a new number are also options that are available.
    • Neither SW Xchange nor a dedicated fax line are needed. All SW chart sections, including custom are supported as well as setting Assigned To, Priority, and Clinician Owner.

We'll first have a limited beta rollout and then expect to be generally available in early Q2. Good things ahead!

Fax.JPG

SOAPware Forum Junkie!
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

Since I have been using updox for sometime now, how will this be different? Would there be a reason to use one or the other? Will you be able to email patients who don't have accounts set up like updox? I find this to be a major limitation of myhealthware.

James

SOAPware Forum Junkie!
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Level

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorW View Post
    Since I have been using updox for sometime now, how will this be different? Would there be a reason to use one or the other? Will you be able to email patients who don't have accounts set up like updox? I find this to be a major limitation of myhealthware.

James
    One advantage will be better implementation of SW integration, hopefully.

One of the biggest hassles of Updox integration is that it can only send documents to certain SW folders. Also, everything sent to SW is assigned #1/High priority in the task list. Hopefully the MHW integration will overcome that.

I don't think there is any plan to have MHW allow you to send regular emails, only messages to MHW users, or people you have connected with on MHW with DIRECT. (It will be able to send Faxes to anyone with a fax number.) Of course, it is generally accepted that no private information should be sent by regular email anyway. I don't often use Updox to send emails. In what situation do you find that helpful?

Andy

SOAPware Forum Junkie!
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points

Level

I have been a long time Updox user and have been slow to implement MHW.

Features that I would like to see in MWH:

1. Creating a new account for a patient and sending a message is a 2 step process in MHW. You must first invite the patient and the patient must accept the invite before you can sent a message to the patient. The envisioned workflow is that you try to sign up every patient for MHW when they come into the office. However with Updox I can create a new patient portal and sent a message to the patient all in one step. I find this to be a great time saver and also the patient is more likely to sign up if they know that they have a message waiting.

2. When I sent a message to the patient portal in Updox, that message goes away and is not visible to me. I then receive a message in Updox either when the message is read by the patient (I actually import this message to the patients chart as proof that the message was read) or I receive a message that the message has not been read by the patient after a preset interval of time that I get to choose. In MHW all conversations stay in your list of open conversations and I have to check daily to see which have been read and which have not been read. I find this to be much more difficult to try to keep track of.
    Tom Miller MD
    Solo FP
    Arlington, TX