Welcome to the Tribe...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

SOAPware Forum Junkie!
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

Default Errors with new version

I just updated, seem to be getting errors on the MU dashboard in regards to drug allergies and medications. Not being counted appropriately.

James

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

I get the same problem with allergies. It doesn't seem to recognize the "NKDA" smart text, but will mark as ok on the MU dashboard only if there's actual allergies listed. I'm not having medication issues, but maybe I will if the patient has no medications ("nomeds" smart text). Also, the medical summaries aren't getting made for some patients.

I like the new font though.

SOAPware Forum Junkie!
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second ClassYour first GroupSocialOverdrive
    Awards:
    Community Award

Level

Quote Originally Posted by jnuetz View Post
    I get the same problem with allergies. It doesn't seem to recognize the "NKDA" smart text, but will mark as ok on the MU dashboard only if there's actual allergies listed. I'm not having medication issues, but maybe I will if the patient has no medications ("nomeds" smart text). Also, the medical summaries aren't getting made for some patients.

I like the new font though.
    SW is aware of the NKDA bug - it was found during beta testing. Per SW: "The good news is that this is only a visual bug. The calculations or the actual data are not changing and everything is still calculating correctly."

What is the issue with medications?
    Last edited by drucker; 07-27-2017 at 15:00.
    Alan Drucker, MD
    "I Came, I Saw, I Took a Valium"

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

My experience with the new version thus far has been that the MU dashboard doesn't recognize when a patient has the "nomeds" "nopro", and "nkda" smart texts in the medications, active problems, and allergies sections of the Summary respectively. In these cases the MU Dashboard will show there's no problem list, medication list or allergies. If this somehow doesn't affect the MU calculations then there's some pretty wacky programming going on. In other words, how can the calculations be based on something other than the data from the visits? Or how can one be credited in one part of SW but not another?

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level

Hello everyone. The reason that this does not affect the calculations is because the MU Patient Dashboard is simply a display/visual that allows you to see if you have entered appropriate documentation during the displayed visit.

The MU Dashboard that runs the calculations looks at all of the documentation in the chart for the relevant reporting period at the time the snapshot is initiated and run.

We have tested and confirmed that the calculations on the MU reports are not affected by this issue. The Patient Dashboard issue will be resolved in the next release.

Thank you,
    Krista
    Krista Nicewarner
    Director of Customer Services | SOAPware, Inc.
    800-455-7627 option 2
    clinicaltraining@soapware.com | support@soapware.com

SOAPware Forum Junkie!
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second ClassYour first GroupSocialOverdrive
    Awards:
    Community Award

Level

Quote Originally Posted by jnuetz View Post
    My experience with the new version thus far has been that the MU dashboard doesn't recognize when a patient has the "nomeds" "nopro", and "nkda" smart texts in the medications, active problems, and allergies sections of the Summary respectively. In these cases the MU Dashboard will show there's no problem list, medication list or allergies. If this somehow doesn't affect the MU calculations then there's some pretty wacky programming going on. In other words, how can the calculations be based on something other than the data from the visits? Or how can one be credited in one part of SW but not another?
    In addition to Krista's explanation, it is helpful to understand the nature of SMARText coding. Within each item that you use there are hidden codes which signify certain things. When the MU Calculations are actually run, it is this behind the scenes coding which results in the calculation being made. On the other hand, the Dashboard operates off of other types of code and those codes do not contribute to the MU calculations. In this case, the MU Dashboard is looking at the Item Type, while the MU Calculator is actually looking at a different code which is hidden.
    Alan Drucker, MD
    "I Came, I Saw, I Took a Valium"